Friday, February 11, 2011

First Two Knitted Projects!

So at the beginning of January, I took a little time to jot down a few goals for the new year. One of those goals: LEARN TO KNIT. I have tried and failed at least three times before to teach myself to knit and I knew I needed help. Luckily, Chad had gotten me a gift certificate to my favorite yarn shop for Christmas and it just so happened that they were starting a new Beginning Knitting Class.

I completed the class this week as well as my first two knitted projects:

Potato Chip Scarf...


This scarf is full of mistakes just as a first project should be. The biggest issue was that it turned out way too short and thin for the intended wearer (me), but works just fine as a kids scarf.



Slouch Hat...

I spotted this hat at the yarn shop a year ago and fell in love with it. But alas, I didn't know how to knit and therefore could not make it myself. Ha! That is no longer an issue.


I so wish I had better lighting in these pictures so you could see just how pretty this yarn is.


Ah...a rare self-photo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look great. The scarf works, mistakes and all - the pattern allows them to be easily hidden and it looks great on the little girl. Great job!